The Coaching Process
The coaching sessions are customised to each individual. To provide visibility of the coaching process:
- Initial conversation - We 'touch base' by phone and answer any questions you may have. It also gives you the opportunity to see whether you feel comfortable working with Better You, and it gives you the opportunity to share what your expectations are and to outline what you would like to achieve from your life coaching. Better You offers an introductory conversation of this type, free of charge, as we understand it is important part of the coaching process.
- Foundation session - We meet face-to-face, or by skype, to discuss in greater detail the outcome you would like to achieve from our life coaching engagement, your concerns and any questions you may have. As life coaching relationships are built upon open and honest communication we also talk through the shape the life coaching relationship will take in terms of the:
- Duration of our coaching relationship - This varies depending on your needs and preferences (as a guide, it often takes 3-6 months for transformational change).
- Frequency of our face-to-face sessions i.e. weekly, fortnightly, monthly
- Length of the life coaching sessions i.e. 1 hour.
- Support available outside of our face-to-face sessions.
- Scheduled check-ins to assess your progress and discuss ways your life coaching experience can be optimised.
- Role we both play in enabling you to achieve your goals.
- Face-to-face coaching sessions - The formal coaching process begins. You have come to coaching because there is a change you want to make - this forms the coaching agenda. As your Coach I will utilise a number of tools, for example values and strengths analysis, and techniques, such as Cognitive Behavioural and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), to help you move forward from where you are now to where you would like to be. The shape of this is unique to each individual.
- Between scheduled coaching sessions - As transformational change doesn't just happen, as your coach I will often ask you to take action on specific tasks that support the achievement of your goals. This is because you learn by doing and applying the knowledge you gain and having someone to unconditionally support and encourage you, will enable you to move forward in life.